NAKC’s Members Educational Community Activities
The Community Outreach Committee is responsible for planning and implementing activities that foster collaboration and relationships with individuals and organizations outside of the club’s membership throughout our eight counties of Baxter, Boone, Fulton, Izard, Marion, Newton, Searcy and Stone. The Community Outreach program provides educational opportunities for the general public about responsible dog ownership through fairs, festivals, schools, parks and other public and private venues.
- Support existing programs, identify and recommend new outreach programs and services to raise the club’s visibility in the eight counties to the Board.
- Coordinate with the club members to promote activities within their communities.
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of community outreach activities.
- Coordinate with volunteers to support the various Community Outreach activities.
- Collaborate with Education and Program Chairs.
One of our major education events of the year is the Yellville Turkey Trot Festival which we have attended for several years. Every year since 1946 the city of Yellville has celebrated what is known as Turkey Trot. Held on the second Friday and Saturday of October, the event was conceived as a way to call attention to the region’s abundant wild turkeys. Turkey Trot is one of the most exciting times of the year around here.
2016 – NAKC members and those coming to visit the Yellville Turkey Trot festivities Oct 7 & 8, 2016, our club booth is located at space #86. Friday festivities starts at noon to 6PM, on Saturday the activities start at 9am and we have our booth open from 9am to 6pm. The parade is at 10 and the streets are closed during the parade, so plan on getting there by 9am or after 11:15am. More information and activities schedule on their website & Facebook pages.