NAKC is a non-profit organization of dog owners, breeders, and exhibitors, devoted to the advancement and welfare of purebred dogs and the sport of dogs. NAKC is concerned with good breeding practices, proper care of dogs and maintenance of purebred dogs. We promote educational programs through schools, training classes, shows, trials and other club activities. NAKC members actively show their dogs in conformation, obedience, agility, and other AKC events such as herding and field trials.
- Ulster County, NY Update: Hobby Breeder Regulations Vote TabledThe Ulster County Legislature has decided to... Read more »
- URGENT: Ulster County, NY Considering Regulation of Hobby Breeders—Call Today!The Ulster County Legislature is considering a... Read more »
- Kansas City, MO Seeking Public Input on Animal Control LawsOfficials in Kansas City, Missouri, are seeking... Read more »
- Iredell County (NC) Considering Multiple Changes to Animal Control LawsIredell County, NC, will be hosting an... Read more »
- Ulster County (NY) Considering Breeder Regulations on Wednesday (8/12)The Ulster County Legislature is holding a... Read more »
- New Jersey Committee to Consider Multiple Dog Bills on Monday, August 10The New Jersey Senate’s Economic Growth Committee... Read more »
- NC Senate Considering Bill to Allow Law Enforcement to Adopt Retired Service AnimalsThe North Carolina Senate is expected to... Read more »
- Available now: The Golden Age of Dog Shows: Morris & Essex Kennel Club 1927-1957SOMERSET, NJ – The limited edition,... Read more »
- Group Honorees Named for the 2015 American Kennel Club Breeder of the Year AwardNew York, NY — The American Kennel... Read more »
- Where Do Dogs Really Come From and How Did They Help Civilize UsWhat does a linguistics scholar like Dr.... Read more »
- CHF and Zoetis Reproduction Series: Nutritional Concerns for Pregnant and Post-Partum Dogs
- CHF and Zoetis Reproduction Series: Tips For Success With Fresh Chilled Semen Breedings, Part II: The Brood Bitch
- CHF and Zoetis Reproduction Series: Tips For Success With Fresh Chilled Semen Breedings, Part I: The Stud Dog
- CHF and Zoetis Reproduction Series: Whelping and Dystocia
- An Interview with Susan Lilly, New CEO of the AKC Canine Health FoundationIn this podcast we hear from Susan... Read more »
Mountain Home, AR July Obedience – Rally Trials Juding Program
The July obedience trial is almost upon us. This will be our biggest obedience trial to date. Very exciting, the word has gotten out about not only how friendly, and organized our trials are but the nice facility and area. But need your help in several areas to continue this trend. 1. Raffle items needed […]
Time for all hard working club members to sign up for their preferred time to steward at the July 24 – 26 Obedience and Rally trials in Mt. Home. Please let Carol Percifull know which days and time period you are available to work by emailing her at carol.percifull [at] gmail [dot] com or calling […]
We are meeting Sunday July 5 for dog training in Flippin, instead of Monday this week only. 830 am rally 930 am novice, prenovice beg novice 1030 am – open utility Need to be home at least 1230. Will back to Monday schedule July 13, Sorry for any inconvenience. Sherry Gibbany-Poulos North Arkansas Kennel Club
Also can download the premium directly from this LINK.
Member’s Latest Brags
Chuck Polacek’s dog Sheriff Andy Taylor wearing the silver medal he received with his Therapy Excellent Title for 200 therapy visits. He is now working toward the gold medal awarded with the Therapy Distinguished Title for 400 visits.
I am so proud of Katie. She has now passed her Canine Good Citizenship Advanced test. Cj Titus tested her in early June. So glad that we have Cj as our AKC CGC tester and Arlene as our Therapy Dog evaluator. The club is very lucky to have these two ladies as members.
Katie is proudly showing on her new Therapy Dog Inc. vest. She passed her testing in May and is now sharing visits with senior citizens weekly. Katie also took part in the Gassville in The Park parade in early June.
In April Katie passed her CGC testing at the South Central Missouri Kennel Clubs fun match. Amy Braschler tested my little girl and she passed with flying color. Thank you Amy and the SCMKC for a wonderful fun match.
In April 2015, Cassidy and Katie graduated from Cj’s Beginning Obedience Class. Way to go girls.
Susan McSherry and her Malinois GCH Alouette’s Lord of the Rings (“Sam”) attended the 2015 American Belgian Malinois’ Regional and National Specialties in S. Sioux City, NE. Accomplishments include: “Sam” made the final cut for BISS in the Regional Specialty. This put him in the top 10 at the Regional. He gained certification from the […]
CH C-More’s Winter Whisper at D’Barcy (Nicky) passed his CGC test at the South Central Missouri Kennel Club’s Spring Fun Match on April 18, 2015. He also placed 3rd in a class of 16 for Rally Novice at the Match. Nicky, a white male Toy Poodle, is co-owned by C.J. Foster and Cj Titus. Showcase […]
June 6th the “Paws of Love” therapy group marched in the Gassville in The Park parade. We had seven dogs sizes ranging from Great Dane to Toy Poodle. This group is very active in the community visiting seniors and helping children with their reading.
Ellen Brock’s “Dreamer” had a great winning streak during the month of May. She started by winning WB and BOB at both of the shows at Purina Farms on May 1 and May 2 for 2 points. The following weekend at Topeka, KS, she won BW at the morning specialty of the Heart of America […]
On April 18, Singe (SBD Posejpal’s Brsingr) earned his CGCA (CGC Advanced Community) in West Plains, MO.