NAKC is a non-profit organization of dog owners, breeders, and exhibitors, devoted to the advancement and welfare of purebred dogs and the sport of dogs. NAKC is concerned with good breeding practices, proper care of dogs and maintenance of purebred dogs. We promote educational programs through schools, training classes, shows, trials and other club activities. NAKC members actively show their dogs in conformation, obedience, agility, and other AKC events such as herding and field trials.
- Support for Cancer Patients Using Herbs and SupplementsIt’s estimated that 80 percent of people with cancer take... Read more »
- Campaigners Rejoice as Dog Meat Banned at China FestivalDOG meat is to be banned – at least temporarily... Read more »
- Motion Analysis Lab Could Lead to Better Treatments for Small Animals, Orthopedic Procedures in HumansCOLUMBIA, Mo. – Diagnosing and treating service dogs and companion... Read more »
- Biomarker Test for Lou Gehrig’s Disease Useful in Diagnosing Canine Neurodegenerative DiseaseMizzou Researchers Seek Clinical Trial Participants for Further Treatment Study Joan... Read more »
- May 8th Riverside Land Use Committee Meets – Ban of Retail Sales & Required Breeder LicensingWednesday, May 03, 2017 The Land Use Committee of the City... Read more »
- Why Californians Need to Worry About AB485 – the Pet Shop BillAs recent history has shown, many anti-breeder animal rights extremists... Read more »
- CHF and Zoetis Reproduction Series: Nutritional Concerns for Pregnant and Post-Partum Dogs
- CHF and Zoetis Reproduction Series: Tips For Success With Fresh Chilled Semen Breedings, Part II: The Brood Bitch
- CHF and Zoetis Reproduction Series: Tips For Success With Fresh Chilled Semen Breedings, Part I: The Stud Dog
- CHF and Zoetis Reproduction Series: Whelping and Dystocia
Next NAKC general meeting is Tuesday, June 13 at 7 pm in room A110 at the South Campus of North Arkansas College, 1515 Pioneer Dr, Harrison, AR 72601. Everyone is welcome to attend!
July 28, 29, & 30, 2017 NW Arkansas District Fairgrounds Harrison, AR 72601 Premium List, Info & Entry Forms:
Updated Notice: SHOES SHOES SHOES Gail’s Pets Second Chance is holding a fundraiser for the shelter. It has been extended to the middle of May. They have partnered with Funds2Org to raise money and need donations of new or gently used shoes. Funds2Org uses these shoes to help micro-businesses in developing nations. In return, Gail’s […]
Our next General Meeting will be May 9, 2017 at 7 pm in room A110 at the South Campus of North Arkansas College, 1515 Pioneer Dr, Harrison, AR 72601.
July 28, 29, 30, 2017 NAKC Obedience & Rally Trials Requesting Trophy Donations $50 HIT each day $25 High combined each day $25 High in Combined in rally each day $10 for group, breed or class each day. Deadline May 15. Reach out to your vets, breeders, friends for donations of either the cluster or […]
Member’s Latest Brags
Lili and Spike won a Sporting Group 3 and Owner Handled Reserve Best in Show at the Paducah, KY shows. Two weeks later they earned RATI and RATN titles on their first time in Barn Hunt together. ~ Betsie Czeschin
I haven’t submitted all of Derby’s brags lately. He’s enjoying himself so very much. Here are a few of his latest additions: MX (Master Agility) 4/2/17 MXJ (Master Agility Jumpers) 2/26/17—I thought he finished at Tulsa in March, but I had miscounted, and it was McKinney. XF (Excellent Fast) 3/3/17 Thanks to this big […]
Allan Reznik’s Afghan Hound Oriana Eartha Quake is a saucy black bitch who lived up to her name and really shook things up in Fayetteville at the Northwest Arkansas KC show. Her very first time in the ring Eartha went WB and on to BOW for a 3-point major under judge Grace Fritz. It was […]